Our most recent development updates focus mainly on inventory, inventory purchases and reports. In addition to announcing a few bug fixes, we’re excited to share our upcoming development update plans with you.
In this post I’ll be covering:
- Recent Brixx development updates
- Inventory revamp
- Manual inventory purchases with automated sales
- Set stock levels
- New report settings
- Bug fixes
- What’s next for Brixx’s development?
- Final thoughts
If you’re an existing Brixx user, sign into your account to try out the recent development updates.
Recent Brixx development updates
Our revamp of the inventory component has now launched, alongside a new inventory report and improved report settings. We’re excited to have introduced all new functionality that many of our users have been asking for!
We’ve highlighted some of these below.
Manual inventory purchases with automated sales
To begin with, you’ll be able to manually enter your inventory purchases whilst your stock reduces automatically through your sales forecast.
Previously, it was only possible to manually enter your inventory purchases if you also manually entered your inventory expenses.
This update makes the manual purchases option far more useful.
Set stock levels
We’ve added another new option to automate inventory purchases in your forecast based on certain stock levels you want to maintain. You’ll be able to define a value to which your inventory has to drop to before a purchase is triggered.
You can also set a level to which the triggered purchases then purchase up to:
This will be a great option for testing scenarios around your required inventory purchases for the year. Set your levels and then test out different sales forecasts to see how they impact the timing of your purchases.
New report settings
We’ve had several requests for tools to change the number of decimal places and the scale of reports in Brixx. With the new cogwheel icon on every report you’ll be able to make both of these changes, and more.
- Toggle currency symbol on/off
- Show/hide rows without figures
- Adjust decimal places
- Adjust scale (1:1, 000s, etc)
You can read about these changes in more detail on our blog.
We’ve also updated our inventory guide on our support portal which runs through how all of the new settings can be setup.
In addition to these, we’ve also added a new inventory report, added a new notification when any component is turned on or off and have added Omar currency.
In addition to our recent development updates, we’ve successfully executed a number of bug fixes to improve the overall Brixx experience.
- Fixed missing notification messages for changes made to a plan
- Fixed an issue with importing a corporation tax payment from Xero where the value could be imported with the wrong signage.
- Fixed an incorrect error message that could occur in plan settings if you have two plans with the same name.
- Fixed an issue in investment components where switching between percentage and currency options would change the field to table mode.
- Fixed an issue where a guest would not appear on the people page of the organisation owner.
- Fixed an issue where the breakeven chart didn’t display the entire duration of the plan when it should have.
If you’re an existing user with feedback about the Brixx cash flow forecasting platform or have a bug to report, please get in touch with us. If you’re just browsing around and are still looking for a cash flow forecasting tool, get a 7 day free trial by clicking the button below.
What’s next for Brixx’s development?
As we’re constantly making an effort to improve our cash flow forecasting tool, we’d like to share the highlights of the latest developments we have in the pipeline.
- New actuals to date report
- Improvements to actuals vs forecast report format
- Moving percentage variance to a separate row/column
- Adding a new row/column for absolute difference
- Adding switches for turning on/off these columns
- Plan roll forward
If you’re a new user or haven’t signed up to Brixx just yet, be sure to take advantage of the Brixx Bike Shop Demo by clicking the button below.
Here’s a summary of the recent Brixx development updates we’ve executed to help improve overall user experience and platform functionality:
- Revamped inventory component
- New ‘Set stock levels’ mode
- New ability to manually profile purchases whilst the expense is handled by sales forecast in income components
- New report settings menu
- Moving currency toggle to this new menu
- New Toggle for show/hide rows without any figures
- New field for setting decimal places from 0 to 9 DP
- New dropdown for scaling figures
- New inventory report
- Added a new notification when any component is turned on or off
- Added Omar currency
We’ll be releasing more updates soon and are constantly working on improvements to the app, stay tuned to our Development Updates page for more.